Lynn Timms, BSc (Hons), MBPsS
∎ Lactation Consultant.
∎ International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants.
∎ Providing breastfeeding preparation and support in your own home.
∎ Frenulotomy (tongue tie division) procedure available.
∎ Teacher of Developmental Baby Massage and Movement.
∎ Serving Portsmouth , the Isle of Wight and the surrounding Hampshire area.
Personalised consultations are offered at a time that suits you in the comfort of your own home. You will have the opportunity, and I have the time, to discuss your breastfeeding concerns.
Preparation for the arrival of your baby will help you feel more confident and empowered with your breastfeeding. An example of some of the conversations I have had with ladies in the antenatal period include;
• The uniqueness of breastmilk
• How breastmilk is made
• Normal feeding patterns
• Realistic expectations for the first few weeks
• Good positioning and attachment techniques
• How to prevent problems
• Experiences and feelings about a previous breastfeeding problem
With Your Baby
As you and your baby get to know each other, and recover from the delivery, a timely postnatal consultation will help maintain your confidence and satisfaction with your breastfeeding. My personalised visit to you will give us the opportunity to discuss and help manage your breastfeeding challenges. These may include:
• Frequent breastfeeding
• Unsettled baby
• Sore nipples
• Painful breasts
• Weight concerns
• Milk supply issues
• Breast refusal
• Breastfeeding after an assisted delivery
• Breastfeeding following breast surgery
• Specific breastfeeding challenges for your baby, for example, preterm delivery, tongue-tie, cleft lip / palate
• Maternal (and paternal) exhaustion
• Breastfeeding on return to work
• Breastfeeding in public
• Developmental baby massage techniques
• Baby-led introduction of solid foods
Small Group Sessions
If you prefer to learn and share ideas with others, maybe a group setting is better for you. Whether an antenatal or postnatal group is preferred, I can facilitate a breastfeeding session in your home amongst your friends. As well as benefiting from the social event, you will be developing mechanisms for ongoing breastfeeding and parenting support.
A three week developmental baby massage course is also now available.
Professional Indemnity Insurance is provided by Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd.
Please comment on this page, email@example.com do you have any additional details or a suggested amendment that will help us keep this page relevant and up to date. Thank you